Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm Down


Ok, so this isn't really about Ija, except that Ija is a one woman show and me, myself and I are the employees; so I guess it kind of is. Anyhoo . . . I just finished the most amazing book, I'm Down by Mishna Wolff. What makes this book amazing, besides the fact that it's heartfelt and hilarious, is that it is basically my life story. I grew up in the same neighborhoods, had the same upbringing (except that my family is totally honky, and I was the one who wished they weren't) and swam competitively my whole childhood. I even went to high school with Mishna's little sister Anora. Such a small world. So, if you're looking for a fantastic read and want to know what it was like to grow up a scrawny white girl in the inner city, you have to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment