Saturday, April 17, 2010

Huge News!!



Huge news!!! I've been so excited to share our exciting news, but had to wait to make sure it all went through. Ija is opening a studio/showroom in Bend! I've spent the last two years designing and fabricating everything from a tiny (I mean TINY) home studio so I am thrilled to finally have a place for Ija to call home. We'll be located at 17 SW Bond Street in the Old Mill Quarter, across the street from Strictly Organic Coffee.

This location is absolutely perfect for Ija. It was important for me that our beliefs and environmental concerns be reflected in the space we finally decided on and the Old Mill Quarter fits that idea beautifully. The building is a wonderful example of live/work space in the heart of town that allows for the expansion of local communities to have small boutiques, coffee shops and businesses that can be accessed via foot or bike. It's going to be fantastic to park my car this spring and not use it at all. I can bike to work in all of five minutes and drop my little one off at school along the way. The building itself is ahead of the game in it's design and materials and the builders won an award for Green Homebuilder of the Year the year the project was completed.

I look forward to early morning bike rides to work, organic coffee and the sun streaming in the 14 foot windows as I get to work designing and fabricating. Ah, life is good . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment