Thursday, December 17, 2009

Perspective . . .


I started this week in a complete panic, scrambling to get holiday orders filled, children to holiday talent shows, packages purchased and wrapped, cookies baked, etc. Then Tuesday morning I received a phone call that stopped my entire world. My mom had suffered a stroke . . .

My mom is a single mother who fought adversity to raise three children. She is the most amazing woman I know and my closest friend. I spent the last few days in a blur of cat scans, MRIs and echocardiograms and as I lay there next to her bed at night listening to the hum of her I.V. I realized something; what a phenomenal day it had been. I left the house not knowing if my last conversation with my mother was going to be a hurried conversation about nothing and I was laying there next to her watching her sleep. It was the greatest gift I could have ever received.

So, to everyone please be sure in this crazy holiday season to take time and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. I am thrilled to say that my mom is going to be fine and that I have a new perspective on what is truly important. Now, off to bake those cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment